Wonders of Winter
Have you ever wondered what makes winters so special? Is it the brilliant dewdrops shining like diamonds, or is it the clear blue days lit by golden sunlight, or is it that catchy nip in the cold fresh air?
At Landscape Wizards we believe it’s all of these above. The prospects of having clean blue skies, moody mist covered forests and clear cold nights, all offer innumerable opportunities for an avid nature photographer.
We now give you a chance to experience the crisp music of winter in Landscape Wizard’s “Wonders of Winter” workshop where you get to experience the true chill factor of Nature Photography. Staying warm is optional here, but getting refreshed is mandatory!
The Wonders of Winter workshop is a unique one of its kind workshop, where you get to try out various aspects of Nature photography while truly getting “in tune” with nature. The workshop takes its participants camping on top of Kodachadri, a 1,300 meters tall peak in the district of Shimoga in Karnataka. The intrepid photo trekkers on this workshop would be rewarded by some truly amazing perspectives which can be witnessed only from the true wilderness on the mountain top.
Workshop Leaders :
Identifying the enormous photo opportunities hidden in the mist covered forests is Pramod’s speciality. On the other hand Sriharsha would take charge once the sun goes down, to give the participants an opportunity to make some magical Star trail images. The perfect combination of adventure and photography tied up into a single weekend package will make this a very rewarding experience, for those who dare to try out new things.
So, if the prospect of winter photography in the lap of wilderness excites you, then, express your desire to participate using the contact form or navigate to ‘Register Now!‘ tab with “Wonders of Winter” in the Subject line in your message.
We normally limit the number of participants to just 4 to devote 100% personalized attention for each participant.
Who can attend:
- Amateur, semi professional and professional nature/travel photographers.
- Nature enthusiast who are not photographers or beginner photographers, who do not mind spending some extra time in Nature interested in camping and learning night photography (when other trip mates are busy photographing!)
What more is needed:
- Since this workshop involves camping on top of Kodachadri, we would expect the participant to be fairly fit and willing to spend the night in the cold of the winter night.
- Transport would be provided to the last possible motor able point on the peak after which moderate trekking is expected to get to the shoot location.
- Camping food would be provided by the organisers and would consist of simple packed vegetarian meals.
- Making star trail images requires a moderate to high level DSLR. If you are not sure of your camera we urge participants to write to us indicating the Camera make and model number and we would be more than happy to clarify.
- As always the trip is best enjoyed if all safety precautions are observed and each one behaves responsibly.
To make the most of your trip we would suggest you carry along the following equipment:
Warm clothing – Wearing multiple layers helps
- Good light source or torch preferably one with a red light to find your way in the dark
- A solid tripod
- An intervalometer or shutter release cable (let us know if you need one and we can helpprocuring one for you)
- Any personal medication
- Spare batteries for both the torch and the camera
- Wide angle lens and finally
- Loads of warm enthusiasm
- How many participants are expected on this workshop?
We lay a lot of emphasis on individual attention and individual breathing space. On this particular tour we do not intend to encourage more than 4 members.
- What is your lead time for confirming my participation for the workshop?
Since we are genuinely concerned about participants’ comfort during the entire trip, we spend a lot of time researching, booking and arranging logistics for you. Hence we encourage your to make your bookings in advance. We close the slots on first come, first serve basis.
- I am very much interested in this workshop but due to reasons I cannot make it this time. Do you intend to have more of such workshops / tours in near future ?
Yes we do have plans to have more of such workshops / tours in future. Get in touch with us :
- I have registered myself to the workshop but due to unavoidable circumstances, I would not be able to make it to the workshop this time. Can I get back the refund of my registration advance?
- Are alcoholic beverages allowed ?
No, we do not encourage the participants for procuring or consumption of alcoholic beverages during the course of the trip.
- I don’t have wide-angle lens to do Landscape Photography, can you help me ?
- Due to some unavoidable circumstance I would not be able to make it this time though I have booked it. Can I get a refund of my advance ?
Cancellations to the tour before 48hrs of departure would not entertain the refund of the advance money paid as a part of registration.
- Arrive at home stay in the morning
- Leave to Hidlumane falls for an early morning shoot to catch the beauty of the waterfalls in early morning light (Moderate trek required)
- Return for breakfast and some rest and freshup
- Leave to Kodachadri on jeeps post lunch with photography luggage, packed food and some firewood.
- Pitch tent at campsite and scout the place for the vantage point and setup equipment in daylight (Easy walk to the campsite from the vehicle drop off point)
- Evening Startrail photography session.
- Packed Dinner at campsite and continue session.
- Go to sleep at around 12 am.
- Early morning wake up early by 4:30 am
- Pack tents and trek to sunrise point (Moderate to hard trek involved)
- Finish morning shoot and trek down to pickup point to be picked up by Jeeps to take the participants back to home stay
- Freshen up, have breakfast and some much needed rest.
- Post lunch Photo review and Startrail image building technique
- If participants want to do some photography in the evening,a visit Hasirumakki back waters is optional (slight walk required)
- Board the bus back to Bangalore post evening dinner
* Plan subject to change based on the local weather conditions and place accessibility
** Exact dates will be announced by November 2012
Rs 6,750/- only per participant
Workshop Cost includes:
- Travelling expenses from Homestay at Kodachadri to all the places mentioned in the itinerary.
- Accommodation for 1 night/2 days on twin sharing basis.
- Vegetarian breakfast, lunch & dinner for all the 2 days including coffee/tea.
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner for all the two days.
- Entry charges to applicable places.
Workshop cost does not include:
- Transport to and from Kodachadri.
- Accessories needed for the trip, like leech socks and rain covers for the camera etc.
- Aerated drinks, personal phone calls, medical assistance.
- Personal expenses if any.
- Whatever that is not mentioned in the included list.
To register for this workshop, you can use the below contact form or you are directly email us on
Note: Mention the name of the workshop for which you are registering as subject line
Get in touch with us: