[wptabtitle] Outline[/wptabtitle] [wptabcontent]
Monsoons – The quintessential season of the tropics responsible for moulding the ecosystem of the entire region. There is nothing more refreshing and invigorating than experiencing the magic of this season deep in the heart of Western Ghats, where unbroken mountain chains acts as a natural barrier to the moisture laden clouds, bringing down enormous quantities of rain. Far from the maddening rush and polluting cities, these places offer the ideal getaway for any nature lover.
All this rain mean enormous forests rich in Bio diversity and Natural splendor. For the avid Landscape photographer the opportunities at hand are unlimited. Ranging from complex river systems to over 5000 species of flowering plants, some of which are found nowhere else, these forests are truly Biological hotspots! These are called the Rain Forests for nothing, and we invite you to come join us to see the dynamics of the Greatest of the Indian seasons at work in a special Monsoon Photo workshop lead by Ashwini Kumar Bhat, who hails from the land of the Eternal Rainfall. If there is anybody who understands these mountains and their rainy stories it has to be Ashwini and the opportunities for photography under his guidance include…
- Opportunities to shoot numerous unseen and untouched monsoon streams which burst to life only occasionally.
- On field tips and tricks, getting the right settings amidst tricky situations.
- Introduction to usage of filters in landscape photography – a practical experience!
- Lots of individual attention and personalized photography tips on composition.
- Information and knowledge sharing on Natural history of the region.
Tour Leaders :
[wptabtitle] Pre-requisites[/wptabtitle] [wptabcontent]
Who can attend:
- Amateur, semi professional and professional nature/travel photographers.
- Nature enthusiast who are not photographers or beginner photographers, who do not mind spending some extra time in Nature (when other trip mates are busy photographing!)
What to carry:
- It’s monsoon. Expect rain. Sometimes it pours! So rain cover for you and your equipment is highly recommended as part of your bag & baggage.
- Since the regions that we will be visiting is inside the forest, you can expect leeches. But don’t worry! Get in touch with us to get yourself a anti-leech socks to protect from the blood suckers.
- Warm clothing and preferably little waterproof clothing for protection from rains.
- Any personal medicines. Sirsi is a moderately big town with good medical facilities, but we insist you not to take any chances and it is always better to carry your personal medicines.
- Obviously your complete camera kit. We bet none of your lenses will come back without shooting at least a few frames! 🙂
[wptabtitle] FAQ [/wptabtitle] [wptabcontent]
- How do I conform my participation to the workshop?
You can conform your participation to the workshop by paying either the full workshop amount at the time of the booking or by paying Rs 1,000 as a booking advance (non refundable) with the reminder amount to be paid at workshop.
- How many participants are expected on this workshop?
We lay a lot of emphasis on individual attention and individual breathing space. On this particular tour we do not intend to encourage more than 4 members.
- What is your lead time for confirming my participation for the workshop?
Since we are genuinely concerned about participants’ comfort during the entire trip, we spend a lot of time researching, booking and arranging logistics for you. Hence we encourage your to make your bookings in advance. We close the slots on first come, first serve basis.
- I am very much interested in this workshop but due to reasons I cannot make it this time. Do you intend to have more of such workshops / tours in near future ?
Yes we do have plans to have more of such workshops / tours in future. Get in touch with us :
- I have registered myself to the workshop but due to unavoidable circumstances, I would not be able to make it to the workshop this time. Can I get back the refund of my registration advance?
- Are alcoholic beverages allowed ?
No, we do not encourage the participants for procuring or consumption of alcoholic beverages during the course of the trip.
- I don’t have wide-angle lens to do Landscape Photography, can you help me ?
- Due to some unavoidable circumstance I would not be able to make it this time though I have booked it. Can I get a refund of my advance ?
Cancellations to the tour before 48hrs of departure would not entertain the refund of the advance money paid as a part of registration.
[wptabtitle] Itinerary [/wptabtitle] [wptabcontent]
Arrive at Sirsi in the morning and transfer to Hotel. Freshen up and have breakfast. We will be starting the trip by proceeding to Benneholey Falls. The road to Benneholey itself is a pleasure with plenty of opportunities for various genres of Nature Photography. We will be spending much of our time enroute as well to enjoy the beautiful streams which form only during the monsoon and which are a treasure for Landscape Photographers. After spending some amazing moments amidst Nature and feeling what monsoon inside the a wet rain forest feels like, we will head back to Sirsi to have some good rest in the evening.
Morning – We will checkout of Sirsi early in the morning and head towards Yana. The route to Yana has some pristine forests which are full of small streams and forest fauna. We will be shooting all along the route since there are some excellent places before we actually reach Yana. Yana is a photographer’s dream. The natural rock formations will make everyone who visit the place awestruck. We will spend good amount of time exploring various photography opportunities at this place before we leave for lunch.
Post Lunch – we will be moving towards Vibhooti Falls which is close to Yana. The marvelous beauty of this falls is such will make everyone so refreshing that people seldom want to come back from the place! Loads of photography opportunities en-route to this falls and at the place also. After we quench our thirst to shoot we head towards Yellapura where we will be staying overnight.
Morning – Today we head to one of the most beautiful and scenic place of the region – Jenukal Gudda. Teeming with shooting opportunities this place is a wonderland for Nature Photographers. We will spend our entire morning at the place shooting amidst the melodious songs of Malabar Whistling Thrushes, which are active in the valley during early mornings. The clouds passing by will bear witness for our excellent photo shoot this morning. We will head back to Yellapur for the lunch.
Post Lunch: We will be checking out from our Hotel in Yellapura and head towards Magod Falls. Enjoy the beauty of the falls with some pristine view of the valley beneath before we start towards Sirsi,where we formally end our trip on a happy note.
* Plan subject to change based on the local weather conditions and place accessibility
[wptabtitle] Costing Info [/wptabtitle] [wptabcontent]
INR 7,750/- only per participant
Tour Cost includes:
- Travelling expenses from Sirsi to all the places mentioned in the itinerary.
- Accommodation for 2 nights on twin sharing basis.
- Vegetarian breakfast, lunch & dinner for all the three days including coffee/tea.
- Mineral water.
- Entry charges to applicable places.
Tour cost does not include:
- Transport to and from Sirsi.
- Accessories needed for the trip, like leech socks and rain covers for the camera etc.
- Aerated drinks, personal phone calls, medical assistance.
- Personal expenses if any.
- Whatever that is not mentioned in the included list.
[wptabtitle]Register Now! [/wptabtitle] [wptabcontent]
To register for this workshop, you can use the below contact form or you are directly email us on
Note: Mention the name of the workshop for which you are registering as subject line
[wptabtitle]Testimonials – 2011 [/wptabtitle] [wptabcontent]
Click here to view the workshop report of our Magic of Monsoons 2011 Workshop