Shoot with Landscape Wizards : Starscapes and Landscapes
[wptabtitle] Outline[/wptabtitle] [wptabcontent]
Landscape Wizards is conducting the final Startrails workshop of this season, before the clouds roll in. The clear blue skies, moody mist covered forests and clear nights will soon be a thing of the past as Winter progresses into Summer and we want to make use of this final opportunity to make some spectacular starscapes.
This is a unique photo opportunity, which involves shooting our brilliant home galaxy, The Milky way, spread across the night sky in all its glory. We will also have ample opportunity to make some sensational Star trails and Landscape images. Just to add to the aura we have some truly remarkable landscapes near the Backwaters of Linganmakki Dam where we will be basing our shoot. All these put together means images which are truly out of this world!
Workshop Leaders :
Identifying the enormous photo opportunities hidden in the mist covered hills of Kodachadri is Pramod’s speciality. Landscapes and their unique ways of presentation come naturally to him. He would be leading the team during the day guiding the participants to exotic locales around Kodachadri for some refreshing Landscape photo opportunities. On the other hand Sriharsha would take charge once the sun goes down, to give the participants an opportunity to make some magical Star trail images. This would also be combined with an “On the Field” astronomy session involving spotting and identifying the various cosmic denizens we share our universe with. This is the perfect combination of Landscapes and Starscapes making it a very rewarding experience for those who dare to try out something new!
So, if you want to explore the mysteries of Astrophotography or are keen in learning a new photo skill, or are just interested in spending time in nature then express your desire to participate in the workshop using the contact form in the “Register Now!“ tab with “Starscapes and Landscapes” in the Subject line.
We are limiting the number of participants to just 4 to devote 100% personalized attention for each participant.
So hurry up! Slots would be offered on a first come first served basis, and they would fill up quicker than you may expect.
[wptabtitle] Pre-requisites[/wptabtitle] [wptabcontent]
Who can attend:
- Amateur, semi professional and professional nature/travel photographers.
- Nature enthusiast who are not photographers or beginner photographers, who do not mind spending some extra time in Nature interested in camping and learning night photography (when other trip mates are busy photographing!)
What more is needed:
- Since this workshop involves night photography and considering the location we expect the weather to quite chilly, hence we advise the participants to have adequate warm wear for the night shoots.
- A nice bright torch is also essential to find our way in the dark. A Red light if available would also be beneficial to preserve our night vision.
- Transport would be provided to the last possible motor able point on the peak after which moderate trekking is expected to get to the shoot location.
- Camping food would be provided by the organisers and would consist of simple packed vegetarian meals.
- Making star trail images requires a moderate to high level DSLR. If you are not sure of your camera we urge participants to write to us indicating the Camera make and model number and we would be more than happy to clarify.
- As always the trip is best enjoyed if all safety precautions are observed and each one behaves responsibly.
To make the most of your trip we would suggest you carry along the following equipment:
Warm clothing – Wearing multiple layers helps
- Good light source or torch preferably one with a red light to find your way in the dark
- A solid tripod
- An intervalometer or shutter release cable (let us know if you need one and we can helpprocuring one for you)
- Any personal medication
- Spare batteries for both the torch and the camera
- Wide angle lens and finally
- Loads of warm enthusiasm
[wptabtitle] FAQ [/wptabtitle] [wptabcontent]
- How do I conform my participation to the workshop?
You can conform your participation to the workshop by paying either the full workshop amount at the time of the booking or by paying Rs 1,000 as a booking advance (non refundable) with the reminder amount to be paid at workshop.
- How many participants are expected on this workshop?
We lay a lot of emphasis on individual attention and individual breathing space. On this particular tour we do not intend to encourage more than 4 members.
- What is your lead time for confirming my participation for the workshop?
Since we are genuinely concerned about participants’ comfort during the entire trip, we spend a lot of time researching, booking and arranging logistics for you. Hence we encourage your to make your bookings in advance. We close the slots on first come, first serve basis.
- I am very much interested in this workshop but due to reasons I cannot make it this time. Do you intend to have more of such workshops / tours in near future ?
Yes we do have plans to have more of such workshops / tours in future. Get in touch with us :
- I have registered myself to the workshop but due to unavoidable circumstances, I would not be able to make it to the workshop this time. Can I get back the refund of my registration advance?
- Are alcoholic beverages allowed ?
No, we do not encourage the participants for procuring or consumption of alcoholic beverages during the course of the trip.
- I don’t have wide-angle lens to do Landscape Photography, can you help me ?
- Due to some unavoidable circumstance I would not be able to make it this time though I have booked it. Can I get a refund of my advance ?
Cancellations to the tour before 48hrs of departure would not entertain the refund of the advance money paid as a part of registration.
[wptabtitle] Itinerary [/wptabtitle] [wptabcontent]
- Arrive at home stay in the morning
- Leave to Pandavara Thali for an early morning “Intimate Landscapes” shoot.
- Return for breakfast and some rest and freshup
- Leave to Hasirumakki backwaters on jeeps post lunch with photography luggage, packed food and some firewood.
- Scout the place for the vantage point and setup equipment in daylight (Easy walk to the campsite from the vehicle drop off point)
- Evening Startrail photography session.
- Packed Dinner at campsite and continue session.
- Go to sleep at around 12 am.
- Early morning wake up early by 4:30 am, visit Hasirumakki again to make some moody sunrise images.
- Do more star trail images till crack of dawn
- Finish morning shoot and return back to Jeeps to move back to home stay
- Freshen up, have breakfast and some much needed rest.
- Post lunch Photo review and Startrail image building technique
- If participants want to do some photography in the evening,a visit Hasirumakki back waters again and this is optional (slight walk required)
- Board the bus back to Bangalore post early dinner
* Plan subject to change based on the local weather conditions and place accessibility
[wptabtitle] Costing Info [/wptabtitle] [wptabcontent]
Rs 6,750/- only per participant
Workshop Cost includes:
- Travelling expenses from Sirsi to all the places mentioned in the itinerary.
- Accommodation for 2 nights on twin sharing basis.
- Vegetarian breakfast, lunch & dinner for all the three days including coffee/tea.
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner for all the three days.
- Mineral water.
- Entry charges to applicable places.
Workshop cost does not include:
- Transport to and from Kodachadri.
- Accessories needed for the trip, like leech socks and rain covers for the camera etc.
- Aerated drinks, personal phone calls, medical assistance.
- Personal expenses if any.
- Whatever that is not mentioned in the included list.
[wptabtitle]Register Now! [/wptabtitle] [wptabcontent]
To register for this workshop, you can use the below contact form or you are directly email us on
Note: Mention the name of the workshop for which you are registering as subject line